Friday, December 4, 2009

Diary... What Should I Tell You About Myself?


What should I tell you about myself?

My parents named me Seda, the name that I live with to this day. My birthplace was one of the East's most beautiful cities, Tehran. It is without doubt that the city of Tehran left a permanent mark on me. From my childhood memories, the most clear and unforgettable regarding my birthplace, is an incredibly surreal moment as I stood in front of a now unfamiliar door and watched in amazement and wonderment the sun setting in the faraway horizon. Assuredly, this was my first realization of the miraculous phenomena that is the natural world. Even though I was young, the unbelievable image took my breath away and would not release my attention. I remember that image clearly even this day and am reminded of it when I catch myself looking in the same amazement at other wonders of the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment